PHILIPPINE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE ACT OF 2000
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9053
AN ACT REGULATING THE PRACTICE OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE IN THE PHILIPPINES,
APPROPRIATING FUNDS THEREFOR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress assembled:
Section 1. Title. -This Act shall be known as the "Philippine Landscape Architecture Act of 2000."
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Section 2. Definition of Terms. - (a) "Scope of the practice of Landscape Architecture" refers to the act of planning, designing, specifying, supervising and giving general administration and responsible direction to the functional, orderly and aesthetic arrangement, changing and development of natural scenery and land areas to produce the most desirable effect for human use and enjoyment of various outdoor spaces which consist of landscape components and the softscape of plants such as gardens, sports fields, playgrounds, recreational grounds, camping sites, resorts, national and public parks, historical parks, squares, memorial parks, subdivisions, parks and parkways, zoological and botanical gardens, greenbelts, cemeteries, plazas, patios, yards, outdoor shopping and pedestrian malls, promenades, sidewalks, roads and walkway systems, traffic islands, easements and circles, roof and open interior gardens and courts, and other open spaces; the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of the natural environment and scenery to enhance the ecological system and quality of life, such as, but not limited to:
(1) The act of planning sites and outdoor spaces;
(2) Recommending on and formulating landscape development policies concerning visual resources, streetscapes, the rehabilitation of inner cities, slums and historical districts, parks and recreation items which are important components of area development plans at the local, regional and national levels, and as components of area development and planning codes, zoning ordinances and other studies;
(3) Consultation, oral advice and direction, conferences, evaluation, investigation, estimates, appraisals and assessment, landscape architectural and operational programming;
(4) Schematic design, design studies and development, concepts and contract documents;
(5) Preparation of preliminary technical, economic and financial feasibility studies of plans and project promotional services including . . .
Open the full version of Republic Act 9053, the Philippine Landscape Architecture Act of 2000.